ADL: ADT Error

Philip Crawford p.crawford at unsw.edu.au
Sun Jan 8 14:06:09 PST 2006

Mark,
The Autodock executables, principally autogrid3 and autodock3 on Linux, are
in a separate download. You will need to request and obtain a license and
then you will be informed of the download location. See the AutoDock web
site.

My practice with AutoDock (and other linux executables) is to create a
/usr/local/bin/Autodock directory and extract the .tar.gz file into that,
then create symbolic links from /usr/local/bin to the appropriate
executables under the Autodock/bin/Linux-whatever directory. The sym links
in /usr/local/bin are on the path. Of course you need administrator rights
(i.e., the root password) to do this.

When using AutoDockTools, you mainly need autogrid3 and autodock3, as the
other executables such as autotors, addsol, etc. have their functionality
performed by Python scripts in ADT.

Cheers,

Phil
Philip Crawford, B. Comp. Sc., MIEEE