ADL: Unpacking (autodock).tar.tar

Martin Roger roger.martin at petermac.org
Sun Nov 4 03:40:36 PST 2007

Hi All

I am a would-be AutoDock user, planning to progress from Sybyl FlexiDock.

Learning of the open availability of AutoDock4 was a marvellous surprise (many thanks to Art Olsen et al!!!).

I am running Linux (Red Hat Linux WS (2.6.9-34.0.2.EL) on a PC, and had no trouble installing ADT (except I get an error message when launching -ERROR: Could not load module APBS commands, but I don't know how serious this is).

I also downloaded autodocksuite-4.0.1-i86Linux2.tar.tar but I am not able to unpack it with Archive Manager.

The error message in the command line output is:

"This does not look like a tar archive"

"Skipping to next header"

"Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers"

I hope that someone can help me get over this problem (or two)

Thanks

Roger

Roger F. Martin, PhD
Head, Molecular Radiation Biology
Research Division
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
Locked bag No 1
A'Beckett St
Melbourne 8006
Australia

Courier:
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
St Andrews Place
East Melbourne
Victoria 3001
Australia

This email (including any attachments) may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information and is
intended only to be read or used by the addressee.  If you
are not the intended addressee, any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this email
(including any attachments) are not waived or lost by
reason of its mistaken delivery to you.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify us immediately by telephone or email.  Peter
MacCallum Cancer Centre provides no guarantee that this
transmission is free of virus or that it has not been
intercepted or altered and will not be liable for any delay
in its receipt.