ADL: compile-autodock4: ERROR,help

Miguel Quiliano Meza qilime at yahoo.es
Wed Oct 3 14:41:46 PDT 2007

Dear Dockers

I have a problem when I try to compile autodock4 because I changed the file "constans.h" in orden to do docking between protein-protein.So when I did the first step (./configure) in the file config.log appears ERROR (error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory) I do not why, is it normal? or usual? by the way I use a linux system (ubuntu feisty 7.04)

Please anyone can help me, I would be very grateful

thanks in advance.

Miguel

P.D I enclose the messages bellow.

root at quantum:/home/miguel/Desktop/autodocksuite-4.0.1/src/autodock-4.0.1# ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for pow... no
checking for sqrt... no
checking for strncasecmp... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

 open config.log

bla.. bla.. bla..

conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:4202: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "autodock"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "autodock"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.0.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "autodock 4.0.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "autodock at scripps.edu"
| #define PACKAGE "autodock"
| #define VERSION "4.0.1"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
configure:4235: result: gcc -E
configure:4264: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:4270: $? = 0
configure:4301: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:4307: $? = 1
configure: failed program was: