ADL: Pyinstaller

Jack Shultz jackygrahamez at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:56:36 PDT 2007

Hello AutoDock users. I sent an email recently talking about py2exe. This is
a great package for porting the AutoDock Tools python scripts to windows.
Only encumbered by the need to distribute a directory of files. For my
project I am trying to distribute these scripts to a diverse set of clients
through BOINC. So I want to distribute binaries to other platforms. I
sucessfully used a tool called pyinstaller to convert all the necessary
scripts to stand alone exe files which decompress all the dependencies into
a temporary directory. So I tried following the directions for Linux and got
this familiar error which you get when you try running scripts with python
instead of pythonsh

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 9, in ?
  File "/root/pyinstaller-1.3/iu.py", line 334, in importHook
    raise ImportError, "No module named %s" % fqname
ImportError: No module named MolKit

So I have run into errors trying to use pythonsh to build Linux binaries.
Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have suggestions? Perhaps I need to
figure out how to get set the paths with he pythoninstaller scripts?

Jack