ADL: AutoDock 4 and protein-protein docking

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 9 12:35:39 PDT 2007

Dear list,

I'm new to autodock.

I would like to dock two globular proteins of ca. 200 amino acids each.
The structure of the two unbound proteins is known but not the structure
of the complex. I need to perform a global search blind docking (i.e., no
knowledge of the bound state). The backbone can be rigid but the side
chains at the interface should be flexible.

Is autodock 4 appropriate for this kind of problem? The autodock main page
says: "It enables AutoDock's use in evaluating protein-protein
interactions." What does that mean? Can I use autodock for protein-protein
docking?

Any help would be very appreciated,

                                 Gianluca

Dr. Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at u.washington.edu
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    +1 (206) 714 4303
                    http://biocroma.unizh.ch/gianluca/

Postdoc at the Department of Bioengineering