ADL: protein-protein docking

snoze pa snoze.pa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:04:55 PDT 2007

yeah, it is possible but you have to deal with number of torsions in the
protein. Please refer following paper

*Science* 10 August 2001:
Vol. 293. no. 5532, pp. 1155 - 1159
DOI: 10.1126/science.1061692
  Prev <http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/short/293/5532/1150> | Table
of Contents <http://www.sciencemag.org/content/vol293/issue5532/index.dtl> |
Next <http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/short/293/5532/1159>
  Reports

          Crystal Structure of a Neutralizing Human IgG Against HIV-1: A
Template for Vaccine Design

* Erica Ollmann Saphire,1 Paul W. H. I. Parren,2 Ralph Pantophlet,2 Michael
B. Zwick,2 Garrett M. Morris,1 Pauline M. Rudd,4 Raymond A. Dwek,4 Robyn L.
Stanfield,1 Dennis R. Burton,12* Ian A. Wilson13* *

We present the crystal structure at 2.7 angstrom resolution of the human
antibody IgG1 b12. Antibody b12 recognizes the CD4-binding site of human
immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) gp120 and is one of only two known
antibodies against gp120 capable of broad and potent neutralization of
primary HIV-1 isolates. A key feature of the antibody-combining site is the
protruding, finger-like long CDR H3 that can penetrate the recessed
CD4-binding site of gp120. A docking model of b12 and gp120 reveals severe
structural constraints that explain the extraordinary challenge in
eliciting effective
neutralizing antibodies similar to b12. The structure, together with
mutagenesis studies, provides a rationale for the extensive cross-reactivity
of b12 and a valuable framework for the design of HIV-1 vaccines capable of
eliciting b12-like activity.