ADL: Using Autodock on a Cluster

Rogers, Michael Michael.Rogers at childrens.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 2 07:55:23 PDT 2007

Hi Babek,

I've successfully used autodock on condor clusters in both windows and
linux environments.  My understanding of the Autodock4 license is that
clusters aren't a problem.  For the linux environment we used the
standard linux binary.  For the cygwin environment, we recompiled to
allow larger grid sizes (to match the linux grid sizes).  In our
situation, ADT is run on a single machine to prepare jobs which then get
put into the cluster queue.  If you have any questions, I'll do what I
can to answer them.

Mike

Dr. Michael S. Rogers
Karp Research Building 11.006H
Children's Hospital Boston
300 Longwood Ave.
Boston, MA 02115

Dear Autodock users, would anyone be able to tell me wether I can use
the Autodock program and ADT in a clustr environment and if so would I
need to download a different version or not?

Are there any licensing or legality issues with using these programs on
a Cluster?

Many thanks in advance

Sincerely

Babak