ADL: problem in running autodock tools

Daniel Jana dfjana at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:11:08 PDT 2007

Hello again Kala!

kala wrote:
> when i type ADT in the command line i get this error message
>
> [root at VSNL ~]# adt

First of all, I would like to stress that using the root account as an
everyday use account is a very bad security policy. That is usual in
Windows but everyone is highly advised against it in Linux. You should
not do it either.

> Run AutoDockTools from /usr/local/MGLTools-1.4.5/MGLToolsPckgs/AutoDockTools

There is a newer version of MGL-Tools already, 1.4.6. Since newer
versions always contain bug fixes I would try that newer version. It
might help you. It's just pointless to try to solve a problem that might
not even exist on the newer version. Besides, if there is really a
problem, and you end up submitting some kind of bug report you will need
to do it for the last version of Autodock, not older ones.
The latest version can be found here:
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/downloads

Daniel

PS - Since you are really into using Autodock, you should really
consider the possibility of buying a graphic card. Even if it is not
needed, it will make your life much easier...