ADL: SUN autodock compilation error

Savani Anbalagan savani1987 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:21:05 PDT 2007

Plz help..

i tried to complie autodock in OS Sun 280R, Ultra Sparc III Cu 900 MHz 64
bit

here are the commands..

bash-2.03$ sh configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for pow... no
checking for sqrt... no
checking for strncasecmp... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
bash-2.03$ make
g++ -Wall -O3 -o autodock4 main.o libad.a -lm
Undefined first referenced
 symbol in file
Genetic_Algorithm::initialize(unsigned, unsigned)main.o
quicksort(float*, int*, int, int) libad.a(sort_enrg.o)
strindex(char*, char*) main.o
Genetic_Algorithm::search(Population&) main.o
Genetic_Algorithm::Genetic_Algorithm[in-charge](EvalMode, Selection_Mode,
Xover_Mode, Worst_Mode, int, float, float, int, unsigned, unsigned)main.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to autodock4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `autodock4'
bash-2.03$

there was no problem while compiling autogrid4

please help..