ADL: new User please help me

Gonçalo Justino goncalo.justino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 08:58:53 PST 2008

Dear Pavithra,

You should always install ADT:

 - If you want to dock only a few ligands to a protein the best way is to
install ADT and follow the instructions. It may take a while to install ADT
on Fedora 8 (it took me about 1 full week, don't know why), but then it runs
smoothly. The ADT tutorials are a good start, see
http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/tutorial/using-autodock-4-with-autodocktools
.

 - If you're doing virtual screening, like hudreds or thousands of ligands,
you'd certainly like to use the scripts that come with the ADT packages; see
the How-to Section on autodock site (
http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/how-to), they're excellent to start
with.

In the second case you'll have to learn a little linux shell scripting, very
little, but it will help you quite a lot.

I have a couple of scripts that may help you setting up your initial work, I
can send them to you, just write me an e-mail directly.

Regards,
Gonçalo

On 16/02/2008, Pavithra <meetpavithramsc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends
> Im Pavithra..
> I have installed Fedora 8 in my PC..
> I have downloaded autodock 4 for linux and after following the procedure
> install it in linux (I am new to linux also)..
> I have copied the autogrid and autodock files to usr/local/bin..
> but i dont know how to start working....
> shd i install python and adt tools?
> how to run autogrid and autodock?
> please help me....
>
> Thankyou

Gonçalo Justino
PostDoctoral Fellow @ REQUIMTE/CQFB www.requimte.pt

Chemical Chiseler&Annihilator
// Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum: you only die once.