ADL: AutoDock4

Daniel Jana dfjana at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 23:13:44 PST 2008

Hello!

anantha ramanan wrote:
> I am trying to install the autodock4 in linux and also windows Xp but i am
> facing lot of problems, Kindly let me know the autodock4 installation
> procedure for linux and windows Xp. I will be happy if i get the needful
> information, Thank you.

All the information you need is available in the website. You just go
through it (always a important task when you start using a new program,
to see what kind of information and tutorials are available) or google
something like "autodock linux" and you find it.
Just in case you don't want to bother:
- to install Autodock in Linux
http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/faq/how-do-i-install-autodock-on-linux-and-mac-os-x
<http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/faq/how-do-i-install-autodock-on-linux-and-mac-os-x>
.
- to install autodock in Windows
http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/faq/installing-autodock-on-windows
<http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/faq/installing-autodock-on-windows>

The program in Linux performs much better than in Windows so it is a
best choice if you are going to use it in the long run. If you are just
testing something and you're main OS is Windows...

Daniel

PS - The "Reply" button is meant to be used when you *reply* to someone.
If you are just going to talk about a totally new topic (I'd say pi-pi
interactions and installations problems are different enough), choose
the subject accordingly. Likewise, just writing "Autodock4" is not also
a good option because most of the questions are just about Autodock
anyway. If you want real answers help those who you want help from.
People don't have to go through all the emails of the mailing list...
And choose the right subject at first!!