ADL: Conversion of dlg to pdb

Czuee Morey czuee_morey at iitb.ac.in
Tue Feb 26 04:44:00 PST 2008

While converting dlg files to pdb files I'm having a problem splitting a
multi-model pdb file into seperate pdb files by running the following

    set a=`grep ENDMDL my_docking.pdb | wc -l`
    set b=`expr $a - 2`
    csplit -k -s -n 3 -f my_docking. mydocking.pdb '/^ENDMDL/+1' '{'$b'}'
    foreach f ( mydocking.[0-9][0-9][0-9] )
      mv $f $f.pdb
    end

It gives the following errors
csplit: {}: integer required between `{' and `}'
   then I tried puttig in {*} instead of {'$b'}; is this the right way of
doing it?

also I cant move the files with foreach command,
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
I need to manually move all the files; is there a simpler way of doing this?