ADL: mv: cannot move `autogrid4' to `/usr/local/bin/autogrid4': Permission denied

Daniel Jana dfjana at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 11:11:02 PST 2008

Hello!

I already replied to this question 6 days ago!

You cannot, I repeat CANNOT, copy the file to /usr/local/bin as a
regular user, I repeat REGULAR USER.
If you login as root*, I repeat ROOT, then you should be able to copy
then file. Just to stress the fact that this should is not a
possibility, is a certainty.
So... just do the command:
su

then put the password to root and then copy the file. If you want more
details, read my reply from 6 days ago!

Daniel