ADL: still need help installing from source.

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Wed Jan 2 10:40:11 PST 2008

>>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltclstub8.4
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
>

> Install tcl-devel-8.4:
> http://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=tcl-devel
>
> *** I have installed tcl-devel-8.4 rpm package required for my FC6
> system. I still get the same aforementioned error. Just to add here, i
> have installed rpms for tk, tix, tcl prior to installing tkinter. So
> further suggestions are welcome.

tcl-devel-8.4.rpm provides tclstub8.4.so; unless you installed it for the wrong
architecture, it should be working:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

>>2) the following is the error message i get on using "runPmv"
>>ImportError: No module named PIL
>>hit enter to continue
>
> Install PIL located in mgltools_source_1.4.6/THIRDPARTY/Imaging-1.1.5.
> Make sure
> to compile with JPEG and PNG support as described in Prerequisites section in
> the README - http://svn.effbot.org/public/pil/README.
>
> *** i did manually try installing the PIL package. went through the
> README, line by line. :) I encountered the following error --->
>
> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/python2.4 -c _imagingtk.c -o
> _imagingtk.c:20:16: error: tk.h: No such file or directory

Install tk-devel-8.4. You can also get Commercial or Free Support as described
in the README.

> ps- just thought i would mention here, i did try to install the linux
> (32 bit) version of MGL1.4.6 on my workstation in the lab. everything
> went fine, but the scripts adt, pmv or vision were not installed or
> created??? the same installed very fine on my PC ?? so does my above
> problem have something to do with the hardware?? My workstation is a
> AMD64 opteron processor with FC 6  (32 bit) on it. with nvidia video
> graphical card.???

Building MGLTools from source is not for compiler-shy and I'd recommend to read
Troubleshooting section in http://mgltools.scripps.edu/downloads/instructions/linux

Thanks,
Sargis