ADL: Problems in flexible docking runs AD4

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 08:02:23 PST 2008

Hi,

There are many previous postings about this issue. You can try the
latest ADT tools for it. But this problem is not difficult to solve by
modifying the pdbqt file by hand.

PDBQT file for ligand is organized by different blocks, while each
blocks are a combination of atoms which are not moving relative to each
other. ROOT, default to be the largest block, is put first. BRANCH are
other blocks, jointing atoms are specified after BRANCH.
There shall not be nesting (due to topology algorithms in ADT, the error
was normally towards this). I have also found that it perhaps alright to
not make the atom number sequential, so one may just move around the
lines and make a non-nesting PDBQT.

If you are not confident about modification, please be assured that if
there is anything wrong, it will result in distorted ligand which can be
easily spotted.

Regards,
Yang Ye