ADL: Problem in installing MGL Tool.

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Tue Mar 4 09:50:59 PST 2008

md husain wrote:
> sir as in your web site it is given , Instructions for Installing MGLTools on Linux
>
> in first step it is written
>
> 1) Download MGLTools-1.5.0-Linux-x86-Install or MGLTools-1.5.0-Linux-x86-64-Install, depending on your OS, grant execute permission and run the installer.
>
>     To grant execute permission, type the following command at a command prompt:
>     chmod +x MGLTools-1.5.0-Linux-x86-Install
>     You can also use the file manager to grant execute permission (right-click on the downloaded file and select Properties).
>
> I HAVE FOLLOWED THE SAME PROCEDURE
>
> BUT IN NEXT STEP IT IS WRITTEN
>
> 2) In the install wizard, click Next, select the destination and click Next again.
>
>     The default destination is /usr/local/MGLTools-1.5.0 for the root user and $HOME/MGLTools-1.5.0 for all others. Please wait a few moments until the "License Agreements for add-on packages" window appears.
>

> SIR PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET INSTALL WIZARD
>
> I AM NOT GETTING INSTALLATION WIZARD THEN HOW I WILL CLICK ON NEXT.

DID YOU READ TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION?
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/downloads/instructions/1.5.0-linux
  Problems with standalone installer?
     Download  mgltools_i86Linux2_1.5.0.tar.gz or
mgltools_x86_64Linux2_1.5.0.tar.gz and follow the instructions in the README
included in the tarball. These are binary tarballs that contain a pre-compiled
Python interpreter and various platform dependent packages included in the
binary distribution of MGLTools.

There is only one case, I found so far, that standalone installer fails to
start: on 64-bit machines you need to have 32-bit X11 library installed.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.installers.installjammer.devel/328

-Sargis