ADL: ADT problems on Mac OS 10.5 and Leopard

George Tzotzos g.tzotzos at unido.org
Mon Mar 10 11:15:17 PDT 2008

Hi Sargis,

Many thanks. But some additional clarification is still needed,
particularly with regard to the order of doing things:

1. I assume one needs to install, as a first step, Python 2.5. The
Leopard version I have (10.5.2) ships with Python 2.4.

2. Is the next step the replacement of the Leopard X11 by the Tiger
version? If yes, does one follow the procedure given in http://aaroniba.net/articles/x11-leopard.html
or it would simply suffice to replace the Leopard /usr/X11R6  with
that from another machine with Mac OS X 10.4 as you suggest?

3. Finally, does one install MGL Tools from the binary installer or
from the source?

Your clarifications/suggestions etc would be of great help.

All the best

George