ADL: ADT problems on Mac OS 10.5 and Leopard

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Tue Mar 11 12:04:13 PDT 2008

lakshmi ganesan wrote:
> Hi Sargis,
>
> I followed the procedure to uninstall X11 per instructions provided on
> http://aaroniba.net/articles/x11-leopard.html and install the tiger version.
> However, the old version refused to install with the error message "Newer
> Software already exists on your computer."

Hi Lakshmi,

I was getting exactly the same message that's why I used X11 from another
machine that had X11 already installed.

> Since this is my first mac and I do not have access to other versions of
> X11, is it possible for you to upload the /usr/X11 files that you have used
> successfully?

http://cjmart.in/2006/12/01/install-x11-on-tiger-without-the-tiger-install-dvd

You can access this link from our website as well:
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/documentation/faq/x-error-on-startup-mac-os-x

Good luck,
Sargis