ADL: Polar H in cysteine residue

Bhavya Jindal bhavyajindal at iitb.ac.in
Thu Mar 27 02:32:09 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding addition of hydrogens in the receptor file. In my
receptor pdbqt file i could not find H attached to S of cysteine residue.
Then i thought may be ADT does not consider it as polar atom. But even
When i added all hydrogens to my protein using ADT  i found that it does
not adds hydrogen to the S of cysteine residue. The cysteine is not
involved in disulphide bonds. Please suggest me something regarding this.

Thanks alot.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Jindal
Research Scholar
School of Biosciences and Bioengineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Mumbai