ADL: FW: not working in linux

Dick Harper rwharper43 at comcast.net
Fri May 30 14:39:26 PDT 2008

I am having a similar problem.  I have basically tried all methods of
installation.  The most successful was the MGLTools-1.5.1-Linux-x86-install.
I got icons and Vision works.  However, I am able to get ADT or PMV to run.
I am installing under Ubuntu 8.0.4.  It is presumably using my
/usr/bin/python2.5.2.
Everything seems to go alright, but PMV does not start. I just get the
initial splash screen, then it dies.  I have to restart to get rid of the
splash screen (actually, I can Kill the process).  If it would be helpful, I
can capture the error text and send it.  It seems to be having trouble
finding the libraries.
Last call cannot find libstdc++.xo.5
Other errors seem to relate to geoutils and DejaVu.
Thanks for any suggestions you can provide,
Dick Harper