ADL: Problem to install ADT

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:35:55 PDT 2009

FRANCISCO ANGEL PEREZ LARA wrote:
> HI, my name is Angel Perez-Lara,
> I am new in this of using Linux and Autodock.
> I installed Autodock in windows, but some people told me that is better
> install it in Linux.
> But when I try it the console say to me this:
> angel at angel-laptop:~$ chmod +x MGLTools-1.5.2-Linux-x86-Install
> angel at angel-laptop:~$ ./MGLTools-1.5.2-Linux-x86-Install
> TclError: Togl: couldn't get visual
> Please include this Traceback in your bug report. Help --> Report a Bug
> in PMV/ADT.

Hi Angel Pérez-Lara,

This is a graphics card driver related issue:
http://n2.nabble.com/ADL:-MGLTools-TclError:-Togl:-couldn%27t-get-visual-RESOLVED-td2158474.html

We are aware of it, and presently, the only available solution is to
install graphics driver from your graphics card manufacturer:
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/documentation/how-to/hardware-opengl

Thank you for using our tools,
Sargis

--

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer III
The Scripps Research Institute,