ADL: Receptor questions for Autodock

Wenjing.Shi at lvh.com Wenjing.Shi at lvh.com
Fri Apr 17 07:31:39 PDT 2009

Hello,

Thank you very much for your input to my question regarding ligand database.
Itƒs very helpful. Today, I would like to hear your comments on how to use
Autodock  for my project.

As I mentioned before, I'm searching small molecules that potentially bind to
MHC-peptid complex (e.g. MHC-CMV peptide). In my case, the receptor is the
MHC-peptide complex (i.e. MHC and peptide, two molecules), while the ligands
are the small molecules. After reading related materials, I found that all the
docking was done with ligands and one macromolecule (e.g. protein). So my
question is that whether I can use Autodock for my study. How should I prepare
my receptor---MHC-peptide complex?

Also, I'm wondering whether there is any chance of short-term training (e.g.
one week or shorter) for the Autodock program? If, there is, please give me
more information.

Thank you again.

Best,

Wenjing

Please note that if you have received this message in error, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  Please notify me immediately by reply
e-Mail and delete all copies of the original message.