ADL: Protein Protonation patterns

chaitanya koppisetty kak_chaitanya at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 05:56:27 PDT 2009

Hi,
Please refer to the following publication.

Interaction
of arylsulfatase-A (ASA) with its natural sulfoglycolipid substrates: a
computational and site-directed mutagenesis study.Schenk M, Koppisetty CA, Santos DC, Carmona E, Bhatia S, Nyholm PG, Tanphaichitr N.Glycoconj J. 2009 Apr 18. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 19381802 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
We performed docking on a protein, arylsulfatase-A at pH 5.
Initially, the pKa values for the residues in the protein were calculated using Whatif and DelPhi programs. The protonation states at pH 5 were assigned based in the pKa values. Later charges were added and the resulting stuctures were used for dockings.