ADL: Release of AutoDock Vina 1.0

arthur olson olson at scripps.edu
Tue Jun 9 18:35:02 PDT 2009

Dear AutoDock users and others interested in receptor-ligand docking and
virtual screening,

Today we have concluded our beta test of  AutoDock Vina and are
announcing the first full release of AutoDock Vina 1.0

AutoDock Vina, a new docking code developed by Oleg Trott in my lab.
AutoDock Vina uses the same format for the ligand and receptor files as
AutoDock4, which can be prepared by AutoDock Tools, however its input is
much simpler, and there is no need to run AutoGrid before runing the
docking.  The scoring and optimization procedures in AutoDock Vina are
quite different than those in AutoDock4.

A paper announcing and describing AutoDock Vina is now published online
by the Journal of Computational Chemistry.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122439542/abstract
In the paper we compare its performance relative to AutoDock4. We have
found AutoDock Vina is considerably faster than AutoDock4, with
comparable or better  docked structures for many complexes.

AutoDock Vina 1.0  is distributed as binary executables for Linux and
Windows and Mac platforms.  It can be downloaded from
http://vina.scripps.edu or via links from http://autodock.scripps.edu

Changes from the previous beta version can be found at
http://vina.scripps.edu/changes

Thanks,

Art Olson

--