ADL: problem in installing autodock

Nicolas Sapay nicolas.sapay at cermav.cnrs.fr
Tue Jun 16 08:14:23 PDT 2009

Hello,

Your problem sounds like a compatibility issue, although I only have a
poor experience in compiling autodock. Actually, I had a similar error
with Fedora 9 64 bits. IIRC, I have installed some compatibility libraries :

    yum list compat*
    yum install compat-libstc++-...

Then, I have installed GCC3

    yum list gcc3*
    yum install gcc3...

Finally, I have compiled autodock/grid from the source. You may also
simply check where the C++ libraries are located:

    find / -name libstdc++.so.6

And force your shell to load the directory where they are located:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/your/lib/directory

However, it is not recomanded to mess up to much with LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
especially as a superuser.

Cheers,
Nicolas