ADL: autodock Digest, Vol 58, Issue 23

Schulz, Eike Eike.Schulz at biologie.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jun 22 02:21:00 PDT 2009

Hi Ram,

if you have a linux console just type

grep 242 yourfile.pdb > yourfile.txt

That gives you all the entries that contain the number 242 and puts them into
a file called yourfile.txt. Then delete all the waters from the pdb file and
copy the line that contains your desired water molecule from yourfile.txt to
yourfile.pdb by simple copy and paste.

HTH

eike

Eike - Christian Schulz

University of Goettingen
Department for Molecular Structural Biology

Justus-von-Liebig Weg 11
37077 Goettingen - Germany
Tel: +49 551 39 19989
Fax: +49 551 39 14082