ADL: Error loading AutoDock Tools

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Mon Jun 22 10:25:57 PDT 2009

Hassan Thomas Mamdani wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I wonder if anyone has encountered the following error when loading ADT,
> and if so what did they do to resolve the issue.
>

> M:\Notebooks\NB4\04htm53\pH3>adt
>
> M:\Notebooks\NB4\04htm53\pH3>set MGLPYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4
>
> M:\Notebooks\NB4\04htm53\pH3>"C:\Python25\python.exe" "C:\Program
> Files\MGLTools 1.5.4\MGLTools
> Pckgs\AutoDockTools\bin\runAdt.py"
> Run AutoDockTools from C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\AutoDockTools
> DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
> Resource file used to customize PMV: M:\\.mgltools\1.5.4\Pmv\_pmvrc
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\AutoDockTools\__init__.py", line 373, in
> runADT
>     title=title, withShell= not interactive, verbose=False)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\Pmv\moleculeViewer.py", line 315, in __in
> it__
>     verbose=verbose, trapExceptions=trapExceptions)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\ViewerFramework\VF.py", line 345, in __in
> it__
>     verbose=verbose)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\ViewerFramework\VFGUI.py", line 270, in _
> _init__
>     cnf = {"addScenarioButton": False})
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\DejaVu\Viewer.py",
> line 719, in __init__
>     master=guiMaster)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\DejaVu\ViewerGUI.py", line 433, in __init
> __
>     self.tvolist = TreeView(master=self.ObjectListFrame,displayValue=True)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools
> 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\mglutil\gui\BasicWidgets\Tk\TreeWidget\tr
> ee.py", line 1581, in __init__
>     self.plus_icon  = ImageTk.PhotoImage( master=master,image=plus_icon)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\PIL\ImageTk.py",
> line 116, in __init__
>     self.paste(image)
>   File "C:\Program Files\MGLTools 1.5.4\MGLToolsPckgs\PIL\ImageTk.py",
> line 181, in paste
>     import _imagingtk
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
> hit enter to continue
>
> When I hit enter the splash screen vanishes and the program exits.  I'm
> running on Windows XP and have just seen the error after successfully
> using ADT for a couple of years.  I recently changed my own Python
> installation to ActivePython and have loaded GTK in order to use another
> bit of code.  Would that have anything to do with the problem?

Thank you for your message. We are using Python Imaging Library (PIL)
1.1.5 which is a third part package that we did not change for a long
time: http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm

In order to troubleshoot this problem I'd like to know if one of our
earlier releases, 1.5.2 for instance, works with your current configuration:
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/downloads/previous-releases/mgltools-1-5.2

Also, if you use Python 2.5 from python.org instead of ActivePython does
this problem persists?

Thank you,
Sargis

--

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer III
The Scripps Research Institute,