ADL: AutoDockTools Segmentation Fault

Nicolas Sapay nicolas.sapay at cermav.cnrs.fr
Tue Oct 13 01:55:36 PDT 2009

Nancy a écrit :
> Hello,

Hello Nancy,
> I have two Linux machines, and both have AutoDockTools installed; on one
> machine ADT runs fine, but on the other, I receive the following message
> after trying to launch ADT from the command line:

> $ adt
> setting PYTHONHOME environment
> Run AutoDockTools from /usr/local/MGLTools-1.5.2/MGLToolsPckgs/AutoDockTools
> libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b

I think the error message indicates that 24 bits colors are not
supported or something like that. This potentially indicates a more
general problem with your graphic card. If you have a nVidia card, I
recommend you to use the nVidia driver, not the default Linux one. I
don't know for ATI cards, but I guess a linux driver is also available.
The glxgears and glxinfo commands will give you many useful info about
your card like the vendor and the driver currently used.

Cheers,
Nicolas