ADL: error while installing MGLtools

Manishi Pandey manishi.pandey03 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:03:10 PDT 2010

Hi AutoDock Users,

I am facing the problem while installing MGLtools on my Linux system. When I
run install.sh file, it terminate giving the following error statement:

Python installed, please wait for the rest of MGLTools to be installed
Running /home/dynamics/mgltools//bin/
python Tools/install.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tools/install.py", line 7, in <module>
    import os, re, sys, string
  File "/home/dynamics/Desktop/lib_LINUX-rh9/lib/python2.2/re.py", line 27,
in <module>
    from sre import *
  File "/home/dynamics/Desktop/lib_LINUX-rh9/lib/python2.2/sre.py", line 97,
in <module>
    import sre_compile
  File "/home/dynamics/Desktop/lib_LINUX-rh9/lib/python2.2/sre_compile.py",
line 17, in <module>
    assert _sre.MAGIC == MAGIC, "SRE module mismatch"

Kindly look into the problem and guide me!

~Manishi