ADL: I need information about 3D glasses using ADT

Gyanendra Kumar gyanendra99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 23:33:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just got a laptop (Windows 7) with Nvidia's 3D Vision tech i.e. 120Hz
monitor, an emitter and 3D glasses. I am encountering the following error
when I try to start 3D viewing:

"Stereo buffers are not present or not enabled on this system"
enableStereo must be set to True in:
~/.mgltools/version_no./DejaVu/_dejavurc.

I found out the file mentioned here at changed the option to "True" and
restarted ADT, but it still gives the same error.
Does ADT need to be recompiled? How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

-Gyan

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Mark Swingle <mswingle at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
> wrote:

> I have an old pair of NuVision glasses that I used for crystallography,
> usually with applications that supported OpenGL quad-buffered stereographic
> rendering. I haven't tried them with ADT but I'm pretty sure that ADT's
> shutterglasses option is for OpenGL stereo (someone correct me if I'm
> wrong).
> At first glance, ISTM that the GeForce3D package is doing something else.
> BTW, thanks for the link. I hadn't realized that there were any LCD
> monitors
> available with a 120Hz vertical refresh rate.
>
> Quad-buffered stereo will require drivers that enable this functionality. I
> haven't kept up with Nvidia's products lately, but I believe that this will
> be restricted to workstation cards (i.e. Quadro). It's not that their
> desktop
> cards aren't capable of OpenGL stereo - the desktop drivers simply don't
> enable it (IIRC, for Windows systems, you may be able to find hacked
> drivers
> that turn this option on). Caveat - my knowledge of this topic is a few
> years
> out of date, things may have changed recently.
>
> For non-nvidia hardware, I've had good luck with drivers from xig (
> http://www.xig.com/index.html ). Again, it's been a few years.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
>
> On Thursday 15 January 2009 05:01:36 pm Miguel Quiliano Meza wrote:
> > Dear ATD developers and Dockers
> >
> > I am a frequently user of autodock4, I use ADT 1.5.2 to achieve my works.
> >
> > ADT 1.5.2 has the option of work with "shutter glasses". My doubts are:
> >
> > does anyone in the comunity have experience using 3D glasses with ADT? if
> > it, what kind of glasses? working in linux or windows?
> >
> > I am interested in buy a kit of GeForce 3D Vision Bundle (The Ultimate
> > Stereoscopic 3D bundle for PC, by the way.. this package only works in
> > windows).
> >
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_GeForce_3D_VisionBundle_us.html
> >
> >  As you know technical features are important, Can ADT 1.5.2 work with
> > these 3D glasses or similars?
> >
> > I would be very grateful if you can help me with opinions or advices.
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > Miguel Quiliano
> > Bioinformatics Unit.

> > --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---