ADL: metal ion docking

Stefano Forli forli at scripps.edu
Mon Aug 13 11:38:32 PDT 2012

Hi Nidhi,

basically, you can find the most likely binding location of any cation by looking at the
best energy of the postive potential (i.e. the absolute highest positive value) of the
electrostatic map calculated by AutoDock.

The inhibition, on the other hand, is a totally different issue, and I don't know if it is
possible to predict it upon a simple ion binding...

Stefano

On 08/07/2012 09:36 PM, Nidhi Mathur wrote:

> Dear Sir/ Ma'am I am new to autodock. I would like to dock a metal ion say
> Mg with protein. i dont know how to prepare Mg ion as ligand. Also tell me
> if there is any way to find whether binding of Magnesium with protein will
> be sufficient to inhibit it or not.
>

>    Nidhi Mathur
>
> Lecturer-AIB
>
> 07742477500
>
> nmathur at jpr.amity.edu
>

> ---
> Amity University - India's No 1 ranked non-profit pvt University
>

> --

  Stefano Forli, PhD

  Research Associate
  Olson Molecular Graphics Laboratory