ADL: Hi

vadiraj kurdekar vadirajgcppc at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 27 02:53:56 PST 2013

Hi
1. docking only predicts only binding.  a inhibitor and activator both binds to the receptor stronger the binding stronger the activity. therefore docking scores only tells you whether a molecule is strong binder or weak binder not they are activator or inhibitor
2. higher the score i.e. more the negative the value (delta G) more stronger it binds.
3. in autodock the pose that is repeated several times or else low energy binding pose.
4. binding energy differes from target to target there is no fixed rule regarding how much docking score is needed for strong activity we can just compare with standard ligand.
5. bumps are clashes. bumps are not good
6. binding energy increases with increased no of Hbonds. pose with more no of Hbonds are generally good

With Regards,

Vadiraj Kurdekar,
Research Scholar, Pharmacy Dept.,
Birla Institute of Technology and Science-Pilani,
Pilani Campus,
Rajasthan, PIN: 333031
India.
Mobile: + 91 9460763664

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.