ADL: How to consider Heme iron as Fe3+

Laura Furge Laura.Furge at kzoo.edu
Mon Jun 17 03:57:44 PDT 2013

You open the PDB coordinates file in a text editor; the iron atom is at
the bottom of the atom list. Go to the "charge" column and change to 3.
Resave file.

I'm curious what responses you will get because we have always been told
for docking to keep the iron at zero (told this by both Eric Johnson's
group at Scripps and by a molecular dynamics/modeling group at Pfizer in
LaJolla). So, if you hear anything interesting in response to your post,
would you mind sharing with me?

--
Laura Lowe Furge, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair of Chemistry