ADL: Raccoon2: SSH connection problem

Stefano Forli forli at scripps.edu
Tue Jun 25 13:55:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

have you tried to connect to the server directly via SSH using the computer on which you
are running Raccoon2?

On Linux, just type in the terminal:

  ssh user at servername

On Windows, you have to download an SSH client, like Putty

and create a new connection.
Be sure to use exactly the same server name as spelled in the Raccoon2 connection. Also,
be sure to use the full domain name, i.e. "server.domain.edu".
Also, be sure that your password is typed correctly. You could also try to create a new
connection without saving the password so you can type it when requested.

Stefano

On 06/18/2013 05:32 PM, dadiame wrote:
> Hi experienced users,
>
> I've been trying to connect to Linux Cluster on campus in Raccoon2 but never
> succeeded. I contacted the host side and it seems there's no problem with
> them. Port 22 is active as I can use another software to access the servers.
> I can't use my password to get connected in Raccoon2 as everytime I does
> that Raccoon2 freezes and tells me connection can't be established at the
> end. Any idea how this could be solved?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --

  Stefano Forli, PhD