ADL: Ligand docking to MD ensemble

de Waal, Parker Parker.DeWaal at vai.org
Wed Apr 9 05:40:47 PDT 2014

Ahh,

I misunderstood the question. I suppose to identify high affinity conformations you could start by taking evenly spaced snapshots of your simulation every 100 ps or so. Then You could dock your ligand into each conformation and determine which conformations have a relative binding affinity. Using this you could then try to determine the characteristics of those snapshots with higher binding affinities and how they differ from snapshots with lower binding affinities and perform some PCA to quantify. After you could search through your trajectory for frames with similar characteristics to those determined by your PCA and you should be able to narrow down your search.

Alternatively... starting from your simulated apo protein I would simply dock your ligand into the binding site and run a ligand bound simulation. That would probably provide you with a more accurate answer than a static binding.

Best,
Parker