ADL: PMV really slow

Téletchéa Stéphane stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Dec 16 07:09:38 PST 2014

Dear all,

I am surprised by the relatively slow performance of PMV considering my
computer
is recent and that other viewers are really fast (pymol, vmd) on my
machine (with a quadro K4000).

While launching PMV, i get at best 10-25 FPS and this falls down rapidly
if a molecule is loaded.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits with adt 1.5.6 and nvidia drivers from
the distribution (nvidia-331-updates).
3D acceleration is on (glxinfo shows: direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4)
... and I am using the default Unity interface.

Is there any "trick" or "tweak" allowing a better frame rate on my
machine, this is quite disturbing to
see the display flickering while, for instance, only opening the
sequence tab in PMV...

If you have any pointer... I failed to find a report about this during
my searchs.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Stéphane T.

--