ADL: promising VS hit criteria

Oleg Trott trott at scripps.edu
Thu Feb 27 15:06:19 PST 2014

Hi

When doing VS, people may pick perhaps the top 0.01-0.1% of the results.

Depending on the target and the binding site, my wild guess is that
this selection would put the binding energy cutoff in the -8 to -20
kcal/mol. So -8 kcal/mol is the answer to your question, as I
understood it. That said, -8 kcal/mol may well be totally unpromising
in most cases.

P.S. Please use descriptive subject lines in the future.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Arjun Subramaniam
<arjunsubway at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To all Autodock Users and Oleg:
>
> Using the current version of Vina, what minimum binding affinity would be
> necessary for a ligand to be considered a viable drug target? I realize
> that this varies, but what would be the *absolute minimum*?
>
> Also, does anyone know how to use Vina with LigandScout?
>
> Thanks.
> Arjun
>
> --
> Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Oleg Trott, Ph.D. (Columbia University)

Staff Scientist in the Olson Lab
The Scripps Research Institute

http://olegtrott.com