ADL: Autodock vs Autodock Vina, hidden binding sites.

Julio Dominguez acheron24 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:34:51 PDT 2016

Dear all,
I have been an user of Autodock and Autodock Vina for a long time now but it has been only recently that I have notice that while Vina is swift and accurate, Autodock can locate binding sites even when these are hidden or buried within a protein. In that regard, Vina fails. Aside from the grid size inherent to Vina is there any reason why this is so?
I would like to tweak Vina letting it find those sites too.
Best regards.