ADL: value of inhibition constant ki.

Diogo Martins diogo.stmart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 05:13:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

AutoDock Vina gives you the free energy of binding (delta G), not binding
affinity. It's good to keep in mind that in the real world delta G is
temperature dependent. Somewhere in the Autodock's FAQ there is a very
powerful equation to convert delta G to inhibition/dissociation constants.
However, powerful equations should be used carefully: converting delta G's
to IC50's is a dangerous business because IC50's depend strongly on the
experimental setup.