ADL: Molecular modelling PC specs

Colombano, Alessandro alessandro.colombano at abdn.ac.uk
Sun Apr 19 09:20:27 PDT 2020

Good Afternoon,

My name is Alessandro and I'm a new research fellow at the University of Aberdeen.

My group would like to build molecular modelling expertise towards drug discovery of peptides disrupting  protein-protein interactions.

Would anyone be able to recommend decent PC specs (CPU, GPU, RAM type (DDR and clock perphaps?) for a linux based modelling station? Or do you known a manufacturer dealing with PCs for this purpose?
Our budget is up to £4000 and we envision to run Autodock, Chimera and some molecular dynamics simulations as well.

Any help or additional resources would be extremely helpful!

Kind regards,
Alessandro Colombano

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6166E.D180EF70]
Alessandro Colombano, MRSC