ADL: bugs, bugs, bugs

Stefano Forli forli at scripps.edu
Wed Dec 2 14:48:37 PST 2020

Hi Mark,

the forum has been discontinued, we'll update any references to that soon.

About your issue, you might want to read the instructions here:

  http://vina.scripps.edu/manual.html#windows

The Vina executable does not have a graphical interface, so it is probably running properly.
If you are looking for a graphical interface, take a look at the software list here:

  http://vina.scripps.edu/manual.html#other

Hope this helps,

On 12/2/20 2:37 PM, Mark Pohl wrote:
> Having watched your enticing training video, I *cannot wait* to start playing with AutoDock Vina - it looks like it's going to be way more fun than Call of Duty!  I do, however, have a problem.  Two, actually.
>
> First, on my Windows 7 (86-bit) machine, running the program (vina.exe) opens an old-fashioned DOS window (black background with a Courier typeface command prompt), runs several lines of command, then abruptly the window closes - all within perhaps a quarter second.  It seems like the program terminates prematurely.
>
> Second, following your suggestion to look at your bug forum (http://mgl.scripps.edu/forum/), I receive a 404 (address not found) error.  Then following your suggestion to report a new bug (http://mgldev.scripps.edu/bugs/), I receive a 403 (you don't have permission to access this private page) error.
>
> Might you have any thoughts on how to resolve premature termination?
> Might you have any thoughts on how to look at known bugs and report new ones?
>
> MANY thanks in advance for your help!!
> Mark Pohl, Esq.
> Pharmaceutical Patent Attorneys, LLC
> 55 Madison Avenue, 4th floorMorristown, NJ 07960-7397  USA
> +1 (973) 984-6159 x304

  Stefano Forli, PhD

  Assistant Professor
  Dept. of Integrative Structural