[Pmv] How to change the atom color scheme

Michel Sanner sanner at scripps.edu
Fri Apr 7 11:58:47 PDT 2006

Sargis Dallakyan wrote:

>Hi Jean,
>
>The easiest way to do this is to edit Pmv/pmvPalettes.py, and change
>"'H':(0.,1.,1.)" in AtomElements into "'H':(0.,0.,0.)". Alternatively,
>through the GUI, select hydrogens and use Color-->Choose Color.

I would also argue that one should not change the code in Pmv/pmvPalettes.py
but rather customize Pmv by adding a line to _pmvrc (located in your
home/.mgltools/Pmv
 directory)

adding the following line at the end of the file will do the trick

self.colorByAtomType.palette.colors['H'] = (1.,1.,1.)  # set color to
RGB white

  /    Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
o      Associate Professor               Department of Molecular Biology
  \                                      10550 North Torrey Pines Road
   o   Tel. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037
  /    Fax. (858) 784-2860
o     sanner at scripps.edu                 http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner