[Pmv] How to select some sugar atoms

Jean Richelle jean.richelle at ulb.ac.be
Thu Apr 20 22:24:22 PDT 2006

Hi,
I wanted to select ribose atoms of a DNA structure, and it appeared
that the "Select From String" will have a problem with the * in, e.g.
O4*. I tried quotes (simple or double) and backslash without
success.  I finally decided to rename O4* as O4', and similarly for
all the other * atoms, and then I could select them.  Is there a more
correct way to do it ?

I faced another problem when I tried to select some Hydrogen atoms.
It seams that it is only possible to select names composed of 3
letters, and so impossible with, e.g. 1H2' .  Do I miss something ?

Best regards,

Jean