[Vision] Please help us continue the development of the tools you use

Patrick Janssen janssenp at unimelb.edu.au
Mon May 5 18:55:23 PDT 2008

 -          The tool(s) you are using? [  ]PMV,  [  ]ADT,  [  ]Vision
Vision

-          The title of your award:     _____________________________

Demonstrating the feasibility of designing sustainable buildings using
evolutionary
systems

-          The award number:           ______________________________

DP0880813 (Australian Research Council)

-          The funding period:           From:                  to :

2008 to 2010

Project Summary

Dr PH Janssen; Prof JH Frazer; A/Prof GJ Treloar; Dr N Demirbilek

Demonstrating the feasibility of designing sustainable buildings using
evolutionary
systems

Primary RFCD 3101 ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN ENVIRONMENT
The University of Melbourne

The design approach proposed in this research will result in two key areas
of national benefit. First, the research
will enable Australian built environment design professions to become more
competitive in both domestic
international markets. There is a growing demand for
environmentally-friendly buildings and the proposed
approach will enable Australian firms to be at the cutting edge of
sustainable design. Second, the research
enable the Australian built environment to become more sustainable. The
proposed approach will enable
to be designed that perform well, that are cost effective and that minimise
their environmental impact.

2008/5/6 <mgltools at scripps.edu>:

> Dear PMV, ADT and/or Vision users,
>

> The development of these software tools has largely been provided by the
> National Center for Biomedical Research (NBCR), RR08605 a NIH-funded
> national resource that we are a part of. Our 5 year funding period is
> coming to an end and we are in the process of applying for a 5 year
> continuation and we need your support. If you are using our tools on an
> NIH-funded research project it would strengthen our application
> tremendously if we could list your project. We would need to know:
>
> -          The tool(s) you are using? [  ]PMV,  [  ]ADT,  [  ]Vision
>
> -          The title of your award:     _____________________________
>
> -          The award number:           ______________________________
>
> -          The funding period:           From:                  to :
>
> Optionally give us:
>           - Short description of work
>
>           - Publication from work (if any)
>
> We need your response by Monday 12 May 2008.
>
> We apologize if you get this message multiple times as we are sending it
> to mailing lists for all of our tools and we thank you in advance for
> taking a few minutes of your time to help us secure for continuing the
> development and dissemination of these software tools.
>

> Best regards
>

> The MGLTools software development team

Dr Patrick Janssen
CRIDA - Critical Research in Digital Architecture
Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning
The University of Melbourne
http://www.crida.net
http://www.patrick.janssen.name